"My parents said when I was born, I was in a bad way and it was ‘touch and go’ for a while, this was due to the lack of oxygen to the brain as the umbilical cord had wrapped around my neck. I even had my last rights read to me by the priest and there wasn’t any hope I was going to make it – but I did!! However, as a side effect, I had fits as a baby and as I got older they came back. It left me with brain damage that affected my voice and other things that are harder to notice"
A family friend did karate and took Jacob along. after a few years it started to help. Jacob also started bodybuilding and power lifting alongside.
Jacob used this as fuel to get away from things.
Jacob's bodybuilding career has allowed him to build the confidence that he needed to show people that you can be the best you want to be in life if you put your heart into it.
Jacob's first year of competing was really tough, however as he did more shows he got in better shape and met some great people who helped him achieve his goals. Jacob managed to do 5 shows in 2016 and 4 in 2017Jacob has an impressive record:
• 1st place in the 2016 NPA Mike Williams classic disability class
• 2nd place in the I.B.F.A Mr and Miss York disability category.
• 2nd place in the WABBA international UK disability category.
• 2nd place in the P.C.A union cup disability class in 2016.
• 2nd place in the NPA disability class 2016 British championship finals.
• 1st place in LCBBS 2017 disability category.
• 1st place in the 2017 NPA Mike Williams classic disability class
• 2nd place in the ICN UK light weight class.
• 1st place in the NPA disability class 2017 British championship finals.
You can follow or contact Jacob here: